Make a list of all accounting firms in the UK and examine their niche, target audience, social media handles, online community posts, reviews, etc. Once you have a list of the competitors, you can classify them and put them in different categories depending on Marketing For Accountants their search engine ranking, revenue, leads, etc. By doing this step, you will get precision on who your competitors are and their strategy. Before running a marketing campaign, it is advisable to first assess their competitors and their marketing strategies.
- A lead magnet consists of a value offer for your potential customers, designed to get them to hit your CTA and give you their email address.
- It can take a long time to build a strong online presence, but one area where you can see a substantial improvement quickly is social media.
- If you want to manage some or all of your online marketing activities in-house, be sure your team gets professional training to ensure you are getting the most out of your investment.
- The primary step of any contentious report is to uncover who your competitors are.
- This enables you to build the “know, like, and trust” factor that drives sales in any business.
- You need a profile image, cover photo, description, link to your website, and basic information about your accounting firm, including your address and hours of operation.
- Now that we’ve covered some of the top marketing strategies for accounting firms, you may be ready to implement them.
The most important thing is to adhere to a regular blogging schedule. Long-form blogs can attract more traffic by offering an in-depth look at accounting problems and demonstrating that your firm has the knowledge and expertise that potential clients want. While blogging is not a new marketing strategy, it remains one of the best ways to add fresh content to your website and give potential leads an easy way to find you. In most cases, content marketing is not about promoting your business directly.
What Departments Are Needed to Run a Business?
Corporate prospects, for instance, don’t visit the same sites as small businesses or high net worth individuals. The next part of your perfect accounting marketing strategy is something that will seem more familiar. It involves paying for advertising to people that represent your target market. If you look closely at the examples of blog topics I listed above, you’ll see that they are all directed toward different stages of the buyer’s journey. People no longer want to be sold to, and tend not to trust hard sales initiatives. That means that to sign new clients, your firm’s accounting marketing has to change.
If you are seen as just another accounting firm, your voice will be lost in a crowd. Tyson Downs, the owner of Titan Web Agency, has years of experience working with small businesses and helping them meet their revenue goals. https://kelleysbookkeeping.com/ Prior to starting Titan Web Agency, he freelanced in SEO and Web Design while working in the corporate world. Tyson is a graduate of Brigham Young University, the father of 5, and enjoys spending time with his family.
Using Social Media Marketing for your accountanting firm
And this simple press release generated a ton of buzz at the time. I was interviewed for various news outlets, I was featured on many websites and I got a bunch of leads. Each week I send firm leaders a brief email highlighting the top 5 pieces of content that I’ve found that helps their firms modernize. So each week, my readers know exactly what they’ll be getting.
Do accountants need marketing?
Having a marketing strategy for your accounting firm is crucial if you want to attract new customers and build your business. While digital marketing can seem complicated, there are always digital marketing experts that you can hire to help you reach your goals.